OK so it's more fun than crazy, but it's still madness!

Saturday, November 10, 2007

"He was a good dog, My best friend, right through it all"


It's over, he's gone. The house is different, not quieter, not any cleaner, just different.
We miss him. He had a wonderful morning, with two walks, lots of hugs and lovin', and then a trip to the vet with family and friends. He struggled at the end, I wanted to scream "no wait stop, don't do this, don't go." The needle wouldn't go in. Finally she got in enough to calm him down and make him drowsy. Then she went to add more, and he was confused, upset, struggled, tried to get away. Jeff had to hold him down, I buried my face in his fur. Emily buried her face in her stuffed duck, Reilly buried his face in his Mom. We all took a break, regrouped, and tried again. This time I held his face in my hand and kissed all over and told him how much I loved him. Then, suddenly, the light in his eyes was gone. He didn't go to sleep, didn't lay down, the eyes were just gone. I asked the vet if he's gone, she listened to his heart, and then nodded. That was it. We stayed with him a bit longer, and then left. He'll come home next week in an urn.


No comments: