OK so it's more fun than crazy, but it's still madness!

Tuesday, June 19, 2007

And it's still Tuesday??

I've yet to participate in a Tuesday Top 10 on a Tuesday...perhaps this is a first.

Ten Things I Did Today (or, a day in the life)...courtesy of Cat.

1) Woke up and watched an unseen episode of SpongeBob with Emily. That show makes me laugh, she loves it, so it works out well to watch it together. Fed the kids breakfast, got Emily lubed up and ready for camp and out the door at 8:30, got myself and Maicy ready and hit the road at 9am for a trip to the gym.

2) Spoke with my Dad who's in the hospital.

3) Had a lovely work out. 30 mins of weightlifting. I pushed myself on the leg press, did 30 reps at 150. Phew. Worked legs on 4 machines, arms, shoulders (STILL trying to make some sort of definition occur in my delts) and ignored my abs. Smiled at a very cute older man and got a scowl in return (HA HA HA HA HAHAHAHHA!!!!!!!!!). Did 40 mins of elliptical...hill climbing level 5. Wonderful stuff. Burned about 450 cals total. YAY!

4) Hit Target for some non-essentials that I always seem to find, ran home and made the youngest lunch, which she promptly threw on the floor. Ran her up to bed, sat down by myself and ate 1/2 bag salad with croutons and light ranch. YUM.

5) Talked on the phone to the lady who had Emily, she told me she was going to take the kids to play and then out to lunch. May was still asleep so I....get this....TOOK A NAP.

6) Emily came home, argued with her for being rude to the neighbor girl ("but she's not the boss of me!!"), agreed to meet Jane and the kids at the beach, went to McDs for an iced coffee, received a call from Jane saying the beach was closed due to e-coli contamination. YUCK YUCK YUCK SICK. Decided right then and there not to get a season pass to the beach and sign up for the waterpark instead.

7) Met Jane, transferred kids, and took 3 girls to the spray park instead for an hours worth of fun. Brought 2 kids home, gave them baths. Every single product that went on their bodies was from BBW.

8) Set the kids in front of the TV and jumped in the shower. Used Arbonne scrub, Arbonne face mask, got out applied Arbonne lotion, Arbonne body spray, Arbonne serum, face cream, and mascara. All in preparation for my JOB AT BATH & BODY WORKS. Truth is, I prefer Arbonne. I should be selling Arbonne, not BBW. I've spent enough at BBW over the years (including tonight). They make billions annually, they don't need my contribution to turn a dime. I just hope I don't have a customer asking me what scent I'm wearing.

9) Spoke with my Dad who's in the hospital.

10) Fed the kids, picked up the babysitter, did a 2 hour turn at BBW, and came home to a QUIET HOUSE. Gotta love that. Drinking a beer, doing my 10, and heading to bed. Tomorrow, more of the same.

3 comments:

Mom2Morgan.Dylan said...

The delts are tough to work - you can't use heavy weights. Hold a 10 pound (MAX) free weight in your hand, turn your palm up toward the ceiling . With a straight arm, lift from hip height up about 6", then back. I've found that working the triceps has helped - I do dips, Pilates pushups, etc.

What's up with your Dad? Did I miss something? Hugs, ~Dawn

Cathy said...

You took a nap?? I am SO jealous! ;-)

Sarah, I keep thinking about how gorgeous the picture is in your previous post. It's absolutely beautiful. You should frame it and put it on your wall.

Cat

Lisa said...

Holy moly! You rock! We just got back from vacation. I'm sorry to hear your dad is in the hospital!