OK so it's more fun than crazy, but it's still madness!

Sunday, June 3, 2007

Church

So today was church day, as Sundays usually are, and of course we went. I walked into the sanctuary and thought "hmmm smells pretty nasty in here, some kid must have a dirty diaper." I checked the diaper of the nearest and only diapered child in there (mine), and it was clean. Chalked it up instead it must be some mildewy carpet trying to recover from a recent rainstorm, and forgot about it.

Halfway through the service, I took May to the nursery, came back and was once again knocked over by the strong odor in the sanctuary. Again, I figured it was mildew and sat back down. Right about then, Pastor stands up and says this...

"No, it's not your imagination, it does stink in here. An animal crawled into the duct work and died, so now every time the air kicks on, it gets blown through the sanctuary".

OH MY GOD.

So strong is the power of suggestion, that I thought I was going to puke right there. It was fine before when I thought it was mildew, but now that it was a dead animal?! All I could do is sit there and think about all the dead animal molecules I was sucking up with every breath. I became greener and greener.

SERIOUSLY? YUCK.

1 comment:

Lisa said...

That is disgusting. And in a church of all places. :)