OK so it's more fun than crazy, but it's still madness!

Tuesday, April 17, 2007

The Rest of Monday's Thoughts...

Well, Jeff made it to Raleigh. I reserved a car for him in Charlotte when I saw that was where his plane was headed. I'm glad I did, because when he made it to the rental area, all the dealers had signs out that said "Sold Out". People were bartering and begging to hitch a ride to Raleigh. Evidently Raleigh had been shut down due to wind and all of those people were diverted to Charlotte. Well, CLT couldn't handle all those people, so the flights were opting to fly back to where they came from. Jeff's flight went back to Chicago, with all of the baggage of the passengers who stayed on OR got off the plane. Smart Jeff just took a carry-on.

Maicy woke up screaming at 1am so I brought her in to bed with me. I hope I didn't just open Pandora's Box on that one. She snuggled in my arms, and then rolled over so I thought I would be safe in rolling over and facing the other way. Nope, she woke up, came over to me, and shook my shoulder until I woke up and snuggled her back up in my arms. Silly kiddo. She was roasting, too, with a temperature of 103.

I saw Emily's teacher yesterday and asked her about the "Howdy Pard'ner" incident with Emily and her extra shirt. I wondered if she went home and laughed after that happened. She said no, she turned around and laughed right then and there, and then turned back around and disciplined Emily. She said when she wrote the note home, she was trying very hard not to laugh. I told her that we all laughed about it too, but like Ben G told her...it's funny at home and around friends, but NOT at school. Good advice.

Prayers and thoughts for my friend today at her appointment.....you know who you are.

No comments: