OK so it's more fun than crazy, but it's still madness!

Thursday, January 24, 2008

Two in one day....

Two requests in one day to post. Better live up to the pressure! Then I realized, I have no topic. I thought about doing Top 10 Things I'd Like To Do To_____________: But then figured very few people would care about that. I made a nice little list, but it didn't make the final cut. So, to take a cue from my board, I'm doing Top 10 Things I Can Do. In no particular order.....

1) I can ski. I'm only putting that because I think I'm going skiing on Sat with some boy scouts and so I have skiing on the brain. And when I'm thinking about skiing, there is no room in the brain for anything, or anyone else.

2) I can fly a plane with some degree of accuracy and skill. Nuff said. Here's a plane picture, just because I have nothing else to say about this.

3) I can multi-task really well. After school, this place is a day care with 4-6 kids demanding my attention. At the same time I can work, converse online, and listen to the radio show. All while cooking dinner and cleaning house. But when I'm reading, the whole world is shut off. Another example of when my brain is too full for distractions.

4) What else can I do? Obviously I can't think. Oh! I can do a crossword puzzle in pen and ONLY do the acrosses, and only do one clue at a time without skipping ahead and without making mistakes. So I start with across one and do not move on until that one is done. By the time all the acrosses are done, the puzzle is done.

5) I can teach kids and make them "get" it.

6) I can fill my schedule to capacity and still be bored. So right now I work 3 jobs, take care of a house and 2 kids, watch 4 other kids after school on varying days, lead a Brownie Troop, teach Sunday School, and still find time for friends and for me.

7) I can carry on a conversation with strangers. My Mom taught me this.

8) I can spell really well. HA this is silly, but Jacob was over tonight and he was quizzing me on some pretty whacked words and hoping I would get some wrong. It's because I have a photographic memory, and that helps.

9) Speaking of Jacob, I can use sign language. I learned it in 6th Grade and it stuck with me. Except I told him "dog" instead of "no". But other than that, I get the message across.

10) I can cook. I didn't used to be able to cook but now I can. I kinda follow a recipe but I don't measure. And it works.

1 comment:

Lisa said...

Love it! You are too cool. You have plenty to post!