OK so it's more fun than crazy, but it's still madness!

Wednesday, January 2, 2008

Well, did you get to go skiing?

YES!!! Finally. Jeff even went with me! He was worried since he'd had a few bad skiing experiences in college, but this time he started out slowly, I taught him the basics, and he did great!!! We also took a neighbor kid with us, he's 14, only been skiing 6 times, and WOW is he great. Slalom down the hill like a madman, tucked his poles and crouched at the end and rocketed down the hill. It was all I could do to keep up with him! We had several ski races, but he won every time. Still, it was fun and such a rush to crouch down, tuck your poles behind you and FLY down the hill. Jacob would ski straight back into the lift line but I liked screeching to a turning stop and waiting for Jeff to come down the hill.

Near the end of the day, I could tell Jacob was ready for the black diamond (most difficult) run, so I dragged him over to that lift. "I'm not ready for Level III yet, I'm only a Level II skiier" he yelled. I told him he was ready, just trust me. We got to the top and I told him to follow me down slowly, Halfway down the hill, he gained his confidence and took off. I slalomed down after him, saw where he crouched and tucked, figured if a 14 y/o could race straight down a black diamond, so could I. So I did! What fun. You really have to have confidence that you won't fall. If you get nervous that you're going too fast or that you'll fall, you will. Thankfully I didn't fall one single time, which was nice since I wasn't wearing ski pants!!!

1 comment:

Lisa said...

Excellent! Happy new year.