OK so it's more fun than crazy, but it's still madness!

Wednesday, May 2, 2007

Ten Things I Like About ____________

Sorry ladies I'm late doing my Top 10. I didn't see a post on the board so I stole this topic from LK....

And is it supposed to be like about or love about? I'll do both.

In no particular order....

1. Emily: The fact that every day when she gets off the bus, she runs up to me yelling "MOMMY" like she's so happy to see me. She's the only person in the world to show that much enthusiasm for me.

2. Maicy: Her very determined big girl way of doing things. She has no clue she's little and can't keep up. If the big girls are on the trampoline, she's on the trampoline.

3. My husband: He makes me laugh, he's always so funny. The other night the girls were talking about what they look for in a man, and they mentioned all of these body parts and I'm like "he just has to make me laugh".

4. Arizona: Well of course I'd write about home. I love the desert in the winter and spring, I love the mountains in the summer and fall. I lived there for 23 years and I miss it very much.

5. Where I live now: There's so much to do here. Indiana had NOTHING to do. Nothing. One park for a town of 60,000, and no recreation district to speak of. We move here and it's like a whole new world of opportunities.

6. My friends: What a great group of people that I've met up here. I enjoy the camraderie and the open door policy. I like that I can come home from being gone and find a bag of peaches and corn on the counter as a surprise from a friend. Or have another friend invite me over for impromptu drinks on a Sunday afternoon. Or another friend who will watch my kids at the drop of the hat, and if I'm angry, she will get angry right along with me, even if she doesn't agree with me.

7. Exercising: OK so it doesn't show, but I go to the gym 4-5 days a week, not for the weight loss (even though that would be nice) but for the fact that when I'm there, I'm not a Mom, not a wife, not an employee. I have no labels to define me and I can just be me. And get lost in my thoughts. Which I do quite often. That and listen to a whole lot of Green Day. Their NEW stuff, which who would have thought that I, a staunch right wing republican, would like the new left wing political Green Day.

8. Flying: Of course any pilot would mention flying. I like flying for the mastery of taming a large, complicated machine. I love the way my leg feels when I stomp on the right rudder to keep the plane on the runway. I love juggling my altitude, attitude, and airspeed to keep level flight. I love manipulating all of those and more to get back on the ground. All the while looking for traffic and working the radios. I like flying for the control and mastery of the task. Yes it's the engineer in me.

9. Roe Conn Show: Has this been the most constant thing in my life? Yes I do believe it is. I've been listening since 1998 and it still makes me laugh every single day. Well 5 days a week.

10. My Board: OK so some people don't get the fact that I can be friends with a group of internet gals. But how's that so different from a Pen Pal? I've met nearly every single one of the 20 gals on the board, talked to the majority of them on the phone. They're not strangers, I've known them since April 2000. Seven years now. They've been through every single complicated moment of my life and never stopped supporting me or being my friend. Ok so maybe a couple of them did, but who cares. They have been my sounding board, my "what the eff are you thinking" group, and just all over good friend group. And yes, I do keep some things secret from even them.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I stole it from Cat's blog. lolol! I didn't see it on the board this week either but I always look forward to it, and to reading everyone else's, so I went a'lookin'. LOVE the pics below (and videos) of Em!

Mom2Morgan.Dylan said...

Hey - I think I need to put a bunch of you in my cell phone book and call you on my way home! :o) ~Dawn

Kay said...

I only knew the topic because she'd sent it via email last week and I kept it as a "draft". For awhile there I thought I'd end up the only one this week! Glad I wasn't. I love reading others' Top Tens too. It's a little bit like therapy almost-if you really think about your answers anyway! :)

Anonymous said...

what? you keep secrets from us?



you have GOT to be kidding!!!

there are things about you I don't know????