OK so it's more fun than crazy, but it's still madness!

Monday, May 21, 2007

Ten Things I Never Thought I'd Be....

At age 34:
1)Driving a minivan. I swore up and down that I'd never have a minivan. But, I wanted something with a sliding door for baby #2. That was a plus. Then, I started having kids around me often, or having the need to cart kids around. I love that I have that ability. So, my minivan is here to stay. Yes it hurts my feelings when people laugh at me, but oh well.



2)Done with having kids.I wanted 4 kids, but would have settled for three. But I had trouble getting pg instantly with #3, and by the time this baby would be born, Emily would be 7-1/2, May would be 2, and honestly I'm just not ready to do that baby thing again.


3) Wanting to be a surrogateThe big problem with #2 is that I don't get to have any more babies. I love having babies, the whole labor and delivery part is thrilling for me. But then Baby can go home to another Mom. Ahhh that would be ideal.

4)Living hereThis was always where I would come for vacations, to visit relatives, never to live. If someone had told me even 3 years ago that I'd be living here, I would have said they were out of their minds. But I'm glad, I love it here.

5)A pilot I LOVE planes. I've always loved planes. I loved flying until I was about 18. Then I hated flying. I was so afraid of flying, it consumed me. I thought about my fear of flying alot. Then I had to jump on a plane one day and fly home without even having time to think about it. And guess what, I loved flying again. My Dad said to me "next thing you know, you'll be a pilot!" I laughed and said that will never happen. Wrong again!

6) An exercise fanI never thought I'd like exercise at ANY age, much less at age 34. But I do, it's becoming an obsession, and in turn, my desire to pig out and replace those burned calories is also becoming an obsession. But exercising is good for the mind, not just the body.

7) A fan of all things Tudor Since when do I even remotely care about history? Yes I have a minor in fine arts/humanities, which is fancy talk for art history, but English history? Yawn. Not any more, it fascinates me. Crazy Tudors.

8) Anything past age 30I remember as a teen I tried to picture myself as a 30 year old, and I just couldn't do it. I just figured I wouldn't be alive that long!

9) A housewifeYes I work from home, but I never thought that I would consciously make the choice to stay home with my kids. They love it, it bores me to tears, but it is what it is.


10) Insanely happy. Considering the rough time I had a few years ago, I never thought I'd see the future with me being so happy with my life, with the kids I have, with the marriage I'm in. Happy to the point of tears happy. Silly happy. But I am, and it's wishful thinking for it to stay that way.

1 comment:

Mom2Morgan.Dylan said...

For the record, I never laugh at people with minivans (well, unless they are superbly geeky, then I laugh). I just don't care for them ;o) ~Dawn