OK so it's more fun than crazy, but it's still madness!

Monday, May 21, 2007

Ten Things Said To Me Lately....

1) "Why does a cow have gudders?" This is from Emily. She gets gutters and udders confused. So a cow has gudders.

2) "MOM!!! You need to buy Leaf Guard Gutters!" Not to be confused with gudders. This is followed by a complete description of why I need Leaf Guard Gutters.

3) "DADEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!" This would be from Macy. She's not sure who I am, but she's positive I'm Daddy.

4) "Mom, have you had some chew today?" Emily thinks that my weight loss taffies are "chew" and calls them such.

5) "You know alot about flying, you must be a stewardess". This was from a fellow passenger on a bumpy flight, following a pretty scary landing. No, I'm a pilot. Just becuase I don't fly "big iron" doesn't mean I'm not a pilot. I even have the license to prove it.

6) "Why don't you sign up to be the PTO President?" Are you KIDDING ME? No. I have had enough drama in my life in the past, I surely don't need any more. People think perhaps my skin is not tough enough for conflict, but the problem is the opposite. It's TOO tough, and push me just a little bit, and watch out. Not my favorite characteristic, and one I'm learning to temper. So, no triggering events such as PTO drama.

7) "Are you from Kokomo, Indiana?" This was kinda neat, a lady chased me down in the gym the other day because she saw me wearing a Glenndale t-shirt. SHE was from Kokomo, grew up there, and thought it was so neat that she ran in to me. Of course I had no clue who she was, only living in Kokomo for 10 years.

8) "Do you want to come back to work for us in management?" AGAIN, a big NO. No no no no no no NO NO NO. NO. I will not, cannot, WON'T go back to BBW as a manager. Period.

9) "You have muscles!!!" This was from my friend Colleen the other day, she noticed my arms when I was stretching. That made me happy.

10) "NO and I don't wanna". I hear that all the time from both kids. Makes me want to run away and tear my hair out.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Ok, I giggled on the chew thing but...why oh WHY are you eating those things?