OK so it's more fun than crazy, but it's still madness!

Wednesday, May 16, 2007

Vindication....and defeat again.

SO I found out the secret to the old lady kicking rear on the elliptical. For those who haven't heard the story, which is few of you because I have a big mouth, I was at the gym the other day, proud of myself for busting my hump on the elliptical and burning 300 calories. Well, the little old lady next to me finished at the same time, so I peeked at her machine. 491 calories!!! Talk about bursting my bubble. "She must have cranked up her weight" is what everyone said. Possible, but highly doubtful.

The next day I tried her program. Failed miserably. Big time. I did it for a minute and went back to my 300 cal burner. Man that sucked! I justified myself by saying she doesn't lift weights for 30 mins prior, nor does she row or stair climb before hand. Yeah, that's it.

So today I see her again and tell her I failed at her program. She shows me how she sets her machine....and wait a minute....her weight is 165? OK so that explains part of it. Her time is 62 minutes? Ok that explains it all. I swear when I peaked the first time, her time said 35 minutes. Well, maybe it did, and this time she's burning 800 cals. LOL doubtful.

Vindicated!

So I felt pretty good about myself again. Came home and talked to the older lady next door to me. She's pretty fit, but I just came back from the gym, so I'm feeling good. She tells me "I'd like to try and get my 30 mile bike ride in before the rain."

ARGH! Defeat again.

1 comment:

Mom2Morgan.Dylan said...

Oh come on Sarah. You and I will be those little 50 year old ladies in another.... 30 years? lol... and the "kids" will be wondering what OUR secret it! :o) I bet there is NO way they could do fly's with 17.5 pound weights. NO WAY. ~Dawn